Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tilapia Fish


Tilapia in a Dijon Sauce
I used a 9x9 pan for 3 fillets.
Ingredients:
Tilapia Fish
Dijon Mustard
Nutmeg
Cayenne Pepper
Cumin
Pre-heat oven 375.
Spread dijon mustard to cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle a little of each spice over the top. Add the fish. Spread dijon mustard over the fish. Top with sprinkle of all the spices again. Cook 25-40 minutes (depending on if it was frozen) or until the fish is moist but flaky.
This is the second time I have made tilapia this way. I prefer tilapia becuase it is not so fishy. If you or your children don't like spicy food, omit the cayenne pepper. The dijon mustard has enough kick to it. You can almost mix the ingredients the day before and let the fish marinade as well. I love this becuase it is healthy, quick, and the kids even love it.

2 comments:

Emma Caroline said...

Have you heard or read in the news that tilapia is not very healthy if it was farm raised?

Lexi said...

I haven't ever heard that, but I buy mine frozen so it has the nutritional info on it and fits into my diet perfectly. I have been out of the states for 2.5 years now, so I don't get caught up on much news.