Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Healthiest and Yummiest Pancakes

lets start it off with breakfast. These pancakes are very filling and so good. They are a great way to use the wheat in your food storage too. Hope you enjoy!
1/2 C. whole wheat flour
1/2 C. quick oats
1 C. milk
1 Tbls. sugar
2 Tbls. veg. oil
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
Mix all ingredients in a med. bowl until smooth. Grease griddle or pan and cook. Top with your favorite toppings.
I usually double this recipe.

3 comments:

Addie Gaylord said...

Ok, so this blog is so flippin cute!! I love the picture on your header!!
Now, I am going to leave probably lots of comments but just know that I do not cook, at all. So just either ignore them or know that I don't have a clue about cooking.
Just wanted to say, have you tried the pancake mix from the cannery? Oh my goodness, we use pancake mixes all the time and I ordered some not to long ago and I must say for a mix that it rocks!! Well worth your money, I think they taste like cake. Really good. Anyway, I am so excited for your new blog, I can tell it is going to be so much fun.

Tatum said...

I love it! This is a wonderful idea. I have tried these yummy pancakes and they are divine!

The Helvig Familiy said...

This is my new favorite breakfast!!! So GOOD!!! I added a Tbs. of brown sugar, it was really tasty!